Friday, October 23, 2015

Flashback Friday: Spaced Invaders

I forget how many movies I watched growing up then out of nowhere something will trigger my memory and I'll remember some random movie that I watched many times, years ago. I'm not sure what made me think of the movie Spaced Invaders. With Halloween being around the corner there was probably an alien mask I saw or I overheard someone say a line similar to something in the movie. Whatever it was, I then needed to re-watch the movie. Not saying the whole movie is available on Youtube, but it might be available on Youtube.

Re-watching it after all these years was weird to be honest. Lines like "Prepare to die, Earth scum!" brought a wave of nostalgia and took me back to my childhood living room.  It also made me think that kids' movies back in the day would not fly with the FCC or MPAA ratings today, such as the man dressed up as Hulk Hogan handing out cigarettes to trick or treaters. And I think my generation turned out okay (for the most part).

You may recognize at least one person in the movie: Ariana Richards. She may not act much anymore, but you've seen her in Jurassic Park, Tremors and/or (my personal favorite) Angus.

Here's the trailer so you know what I'm talking about. I hope it reignites some memories for those who forgot they ever watched it:


No comments:

Post a Comment